For those who lost their jobs or their insurance this hotline is aimed to help.
As mentioned earlier Ocala Health is offering assistance through a new hotline, in order to help individuals and families who have lost health insurance coverage find temporary coverage while they are unemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
There was mentioned in a news release, this can be applicable to residents and advisors are available to discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Continuing an employer’s existing plan for those who have recently lost a job
- Applying for coverage via a spouse’s benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a life-changing event like job loss.
The Health Coverage Hotline is available to anyone who needs assistance Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 833-867-8771, said by the officials.
“These services are offered at no cost; Moreover Ocala Health is not representing any other company or selling insurance plans,” said the officials in a news release.